Biomass Indirect Liquefaction Workshop
To support research and development (R&D) planning efforts within the thermochemical conversion program, the Bioenergy Technologies Office is hosting Biomass Indirect Liquefaction (IDL) Workshop. This workshop will discuss and detail the R&D needs for biomass IDL. Discussions will focus on pathways that convert biomass-based syngas (or any carbon monoxide, hydrogen gaseous stream) to liquid intermediates (alcohols or acids) and further synthesize those intermediates to liquid hydrocarbons that are compatible as either a refinery feed or neat fuel. Additionally, this event will examine efforts and needs in converting syngas directly to hydrocarbon liquids.
- To discuss, learn, and document the technical and economic barriers to cost-competitive IDL.
- To clearly define the R&D needed to mitigate those barriers.
- To develop a description of the needed R&D.
- To identify a timeline of completing the research, development, and deployment (RD&D).
Biomass Indirect Liquefaction (IDL) Workshop Event Information
Space for this workshop is limited; if interested in attending, please register using the Biomass IDL Workshop Registration Form.
(To submit this form, open the document in Adobe Reader. If there are any issues registering for this workshop, please send an email to IDLWorkshop2014@bcs-hq.com).
- Morning—Selected speakers will discuss their successes; research, deployment, and development (RD&D) needs; and continuing challenges.
- Afternoon—Two consecutive sessions will be held to gain participant input within the following process areas:
- Breakout Session 1: Feeder Systems, Gasification, and Syngas Clean-Up
- Breakout Session 2: Catalyst Development for Synthesis of Intermediates and Final Products
- Morning—Final participant discussion session and a conclusion and report-out session will be held:
- Breakout Session 3: Modeling and Enabling Technologies
- Session report-outs and concluding remarks
Space is limited at this workshop. Please check this Web page daily for registration information.