U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Office – Appliance & Equipment Standards
Residential Heating Products Final Rule Analytical Tools
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) prepared the analytical spreadsheets listed below for the final rule analyses conducted for the energy conservation standards rulemaking for residential heating products, which includes water heaters, direct heating equipment, and pool heaters.
Some of the following documents are available as zipped files. Download Winzip.
Final Rule Analytical Spreadsheets
Life-Cycle Cost (LCC) and Payback Period (PBP)
- Gas-fired Storage Water Heater LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 2.2 MB)
- Electric Storage Water Heater LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 1.9 MB)
- Oil-fired Storage Water Heater LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 648 KB)
- Gas-fired Instantaneous Water Heater LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 1.4 MB)
- Direct Heating Equipment LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 1.3 MB)
- Pool Heater LCC and PBP Spreadsheet (ZIP 793 KB)
National Impacts Analysis
Government Regulatory Impact Model
Project Manager for Heating Products