DOE published a notice of public meeting an availability of the framework document regarding energy conservation standards for commercial and industrial fans and blowers. 78 FR 7306 (Feb. 1, 2013). The comment deadline of May 2, 2013 has been extended to June 3, 2013. 78 FR 26544 (May 7, 2013).
A public meeting was held on February 21, 2013.
The commercial and industrial fans and blowers energy conservation standards rulemaking docket EERE-2013-BT-STD-0006 contains all notices, public comments, public meeting transcripts, and supporting documents. For the latest information on the planned timing of future DOE regulatory milestones, see the current Office of Management and Budget Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions. All planned dates are preliminary and subject to change.
|Notice of Proposed Determination
- Notice of Proposed Determination, Federal Register, 76 FR 37678 (June 28, 2011)
- Notice of Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document, Federal Register, 78 FR 7306 (Feb. 1, 2013)
- Pre-publication notice, as issued by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency (January 28, 2013)
- Framework Document
- Public Meeting scheduled February 21, 2013
- Public Meeting Agenda
- Public Meeting Presentation
- Public Meeting Transcript
- Extension of Public Comment Period,78 FR 12251 (February 22, 2013)
- Extension of Public Comment Period, Federal Register, 78 FR 26544 (May 7, 2013)
- Comment deadline: June 3, 2013
|Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Title III of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975 (EPCA), as amended. Part A-1 of Title III of EPCA (42 U.S.C. 6311-6317) establishes the "Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment,” which covers certain commercial and industrial equipment (referred to as "covered equipment").
EPCA specifies a list of equipment that constitutes covered commercial and industrial equipment. (42 U.S.C. 6311(1)(A)-(G)) The list includes 7 types of equipment and a catchall provision for other types of industrial equipment classified as covered the Secretary of Energy (Secretary). EPCA also specifies the types of equipment that can be classified as covered in addition to the listed equipment, and the criteria that must be met. This equipment includes fans and blowers. (42 U.S.C. 6311(2)(A) and (B))
To classify equipment as covered commercial or industrial equipment, the Secretary must determine that classifying the equipment as covered equipment is necessary for the purposes of Part A-1 of EPCA. (42 U.S.C. 6312(b))