Learn What Others Have Done
Read how the early activities of four Better Buildings Neighborhood Program partners are leading to fast results and early successes:
- Austin, TX – Best Offer Ever Produces Upgrades in Record Time
- Michigan – Sweeping the State for Ultimate Success
- Rutland County, VT – How Local Ties Lead to Local Wins
- Austin, TX – Let Your Contractor Be Your Guide for Big Rewards
- Seattle, WA – Community Partnerships Work to Extend Program Reach
To learn more about how partners and others across the United States are implementing energy efficiency upgrade programs, see our Case Studies page.
Developing a successful, self-sustaining energy efficiency upgrade program in your community starts with careful planning. Regardless of whether your community is starting from scratch or building on efforts already in place, you can use the information here to guide your program's implementation:
|Step #1:||Assess the Market|
|Step #2:||Establish Goals and Objectives|
|Step #3:||Develop Plans of Action for Driving Demand, Financing, Workforce Development, and Data Collection/Evaluation|
The Better Buildings Neighborhood Program and its partners have also developed business model resources that can assist Better Buildings grant recipients, program administrators, and others to help formulate plans for long-term program sustainability.