Better Buildings Residential Network
The Better Buildings Residential Network connects energy efficiency programs and partners to share best practices and learn from one another to dramatically increase the number of American homes that are energy efficient.
Since 2010, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), local Better Buildings Neighborhood Program partners, and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Sponsors have leveraged over $1 billion in federal funding and local resources to build more energy efficient communities. DOE is now expanding this network of residential energy efficiency programs and partners to new members.
Who Should Join?
Network membership is open to all organizations that are committed to accelerating the pace of energy upgrades in American homes. Members include:
What Benefits Do Members Receive?
Exchanging Ideas and Information
More than 2,000 participants have joined over 75 calls in a dynamic network of programs and partners that learned from one another and progressed faster as a result. Some recent topics include combining energy efficiency and health services, working with municipal utilities, and much more! To get advance notice of calls and participate, join by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invitations to monthly topical calls. Current areas of discussion include:
- Business partners/workforce development
- Driving demand
- Evaluation & data collection
- Moderate- and low-income markets
- Program sustainability/revenue streams
- Others, based on member requests
- Tools, templates, resources, and proven solutions shared by members.
- Newsletter and other available updates on residential energy efficiency trends.
- Opportunities to be featured in media, case studies, and lessons learned materials.
- Optional program benchmarking.
- Better Buildings Residential Program Solution Center access with ability to save resources.
Better Buildings Residential Network members may use the name of the U.S. Department of Energy and Better Buildings Residential Network to reference their membership (e.g., within a newsletter or on a website), but may not use them in any way that constitutes an endorsement of members, their services, or their products.
How Do I Become A Member?
Contact the Better Buildings Residential Network to obtain and complete a membership form, which commits your organization to:
- Invite relevant team members to enjoy Residential Network benefits.
- Provide DOE with an annual update of the number of residential energy efficiency upgrades completed.*
- Share information about the benefits associated with completed upgrades.*
For More Information
Learn more and join by emailing email@example.com.
The information on this page is also available as a printable PDF.
*Home Performance with ENERGY STAR sponsors meet this obligation through their existing sponsorship agreement.