Buildings Performance Database
The Buildings Performance Database (BPD) unlocks the power of building energy performance data. The platform enables users to perform statistical analyses on an anonymous dataset of tens of thousands of commercial and residential buildings from across the country. Users can examine the actual energy performance and physical and operational characteristics of similar buildings to quantify the likely energy savings, financial performance, and risk profiles of specific energy efficiency improvements.
Access the BPD
The BPD is in a beta phase and is being tested by a limited number of energy efficiency industry experts and data contributors. If you would like to sign up to access the database, please fill out the new user form located here:
- The BPD contains actual data on tens of thousands of existing buildings - not modeled data or anecdotal evidence.
- The BPD enables statistical analysis without revealing information about individual buildings.
- The BPD cleanses and validates data from many sources and translates it into a standard format.
- In addition to the BPD's analysis tools, an Application Programming Interface (API) will enable third parties to create software applications that utilize the BPD.
- Data Explorer Tool - Allows users to peruse the BPD and compare the energy use of their own building to a relevant set of BPD buildings. Users can create peer groups based on specific building types, locations, sizes, ages, building assets and operational characteristics.
- Coming Soon!
- Energy Performance Forecasting Tool. Evaluates the potential energy savings from building retrofit projects.
- Financial Forecasting Tool. Forecasts cash flows for energy efficiency projects.