Goal-Based Contracting for Energy Efficient Buildings
August 1, 2013
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop.
Register now to learn about ways to implement performance-based contracts that achieve high-performance buildings with low energy profiles.
Learn about upfront contract provisions that lead to measurable performance benchmarks in building construction and operations.
Discover techniques that result in:
- Innovation by design teams and contractors to incorporate energy efficiency as part of the design/construction process
- Minimal additional cost to achieve significant energy savings (in the range of 50% reduction)
- Owners who are focused on project management, rather than solving design/construction problems
- Strong communications between owners, design teams, and contractors
- Best practices, examples, and lessons learned from real experiences in implementing this process.
FEMP CEUs awarded upon successful completion of a multiple choice assessment. Requires the Microsoft Silverlight player.
For more technical information, click here.
Instructor(s):Paul Torcellini , Group Manager for Commercial Buildings Research , National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Read bio. Jason Koman , Technology Program Specialist , Department of Energy Building Technology Office. Read bio.