Fall Issue of Building E2 News Available Now
December 3, 2010
The 2010 fall edition of the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Building Technologies Program (BTP) online newsletter is now available. Read Building E2 News now to get the latest updates on DOE’s research to improve efficiency of new and existing commercial and residential buildings.
This edition of Building E2 News provides information about:
- DOE's Commercial Lighting Solutions Web tool, which provides design strategies that will save up to 60% on energy while still providing quality lighting
- Fifteen new Building America research teams who aim to develop building energy systems that could reduce average home energy use by 30%-50%
- An interview with David Lee, BTP’s Residential Supervisor, outlining research goals and challenges to improving the energy efficiency of homes
- The benefits of solar water heating systems and a coalition that is working to increase the use of solar thermal technologies on a large scale
- A new version of the popular EnergyPlus simulation software.
Visit the Building Technologies Program Web site for information about research and development of technologies and practices to improve the energy efficiency of our nation's buildings.