Automated Home Energy Management Expert Meeting
Building America hosted the "Automated Home Energy Management Expert Meeting" on October 1-2, 2009, at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado.
This meeting presented highlights of NREL's research on automated home energy management systems, reviewed the Building America program research plan, and assessed the latest market trends in automated home energy management system research.
Day 1 consisted of an open session including DOE and NREL representatives, Building America team members, and key industry stakeholders; Day 2 was a closed session for program managers. The meeting minutes and presentations are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
- Overview of Building America Research on Home Energy Management
- Smart Grid Activities of the Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD)
- Control System Performance Requirements
- Efficiency Trends in Consumer Electronics
- Cloud Computing (Web Data Computing, Data Storage) Trends
- Smart Appliance/Home Area Network Trends
- SmartGridCity™ Integration with Home Controls
- Automated Home/Energy Management
- Automated Monitoring, Control, Diagnostics, Optimization and Soft Repair for Smart Homes
- Lighting Controls Trends
- Home Automation Product Development Trends
- NREL Home Energy Management Research