DOE Challenge Home
Since 2008, the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Builders Challenge program has recognized hundreds of leading builders for their achievements in energy efficiency—resulting in over 14,000 energy efficient homes and millions of dollars in energy savings. The DOE Challenge Home — an ambitious successor to the Builders Challenge program — represents a whole new level of home performance, with rigorous requirements that ensure outstanding levels of energy savings, comfort, health, and durability.
Look for the Label
The DOE Challenge Home label is the symbol of excellence for new homes. Learn what's behind this new level of performance
Take the Challenge
- Review the DOE Challenge Home National Program Requirements and understand your partnership commitments as a builder, verifier, or training partner.
- Register to take the challenge and identify optional builder commitments to ensure unparalleled excellence.
- Join us at DOE Challenge Home: Zero Net-Energy Ready Homes training for a comprehensive review of zero net-energy ready home construction including the business case, detailed specifications, and opportunities to be recognized as an industry leader.
- Use the Building America Solution Center as a resource for case studies on leading builders, innovative products and technologies, and specific building science solutions to help you meet the challenge.
- Certify homes to the challenge and gain recognition as a leader.
- Locate a leader near you. Use the locator map to find builders and raters ready to meet the challenge.
- Promote the challenge to experience sales success.
- Subscribe to the DOE Challenge Home News to receive information on leading-edge builders, upcoming training, technical tips and more.