About the CALiPER Program
The DOE CALiPER program supports testing of a wide array of SSL products available for general illumination, using industry-approved test procedures.
CALiPER test results:
- Guide DOE planning for SSL R&D and market introduction activities, including ENERGY STAR® program planning
- Support DOE GATEWAY demonstrations and technology procurement activities
- Provide objective product performance information to the public in the early years, helping buyers and specifiers have confidence that new SSL products will perform as claimed
- Guide the development, refinement, and adoption of credible, standardized test procedures and measurements for SSL products
CALiPER Program Planning
Analysis of CALiPER test results and feedback from lighting manufacturers, efficiency programs, and utilities guide DOE planning for the CALiPER program. DOE hosts periodic CALiPER roundtables to solicit input on test results and procedures and additional testing needs for SSL.
The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
- 2011 CALiPER Roundtable Report
- 2010 CALiPER Roundtable Report
- 2009 CALiPER Roundtable Report
- 2007 CALiPER Roundtable Report
DOE has also established a guidance committee — including representatives from energy efficiency programs, utilities, the lighting design community, and key trade groups — to guide CALiPER program improvements and serve as a direct communications channel with stakeholders.