DOE Announces Pre-Qualification Selection of SSL Product Testing Laboratories
February 14, 2007
The US Department of Energy (DOE) is pleased to announce the selection of five (5) laboratories as a pre-qualification to conduct tests of market-available SSL products in support of the DOE SSL Commercial Product Testing Program.
The DOE Testing Program is designed to:
- Guide DOE planning for SSL R&D and commercialization support activities, including ENERGY STAR® program planning;
- Support DOE technology procurement activities and associated technology demonstrations;
- Provide objective product performance information to the public in the early years, helping buyers and specifiers have confidence that new SSL products will perform as claimed;
- Guide the development, refinement, and adoption of credible, standardized test procedures and measurements for SSL products.
The selections are listed below:
- Gamma Scientific – San Diego, CA
- Independent Testing Laboratories, Inc. – Boulder, CO
- Lighting Research Center; Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Troy, NY
- Lighting Sciences, Inc. – Scottsdale, AZ
- Luminaire Testing Laboratory, Inc. – Allentown, PA
Actual awards are subject to negotiation.