DOE Wins "Best Booth" Award for Its Educational SSL Exhibit
May 18, 2012
The DOE Solid-State Lighting booth was named Best Booth of its size for its focus on LED education at LIGHTFAIR® International, held May 9–11 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. LIGHTFAIR is the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference and is co-sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES) and the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD). DOE was cited as Best Booth in the 600- to 800-square-foot category for its vendor-neutral training sessions designed to educate attendees on how to make informed purchasing and specifying decisions in the fast-moving SSL market. More than 22,000 lighting design, architectural, and engineering professionals converged in Las Vegas for LIGHTFAIR’s 500 exhibits highlighting the latest lighting innovations.
Representatives from DOE were on hand to answer questions, offer vendor-neutral perspective, and provide training sessions on a wide range of topics.
- Department of Energy SSL Program Overview
- The L Prize®: Update on the Winning Product and What’s Next
- Recent Findings from CALiPER Testing
- Updates on the LED Lighting Facts® Program
- What You Need to Know About LEDs/SSL Dimming and Flicker
- The Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium: Case Studies
- LED Standards Progress: Focus on Long-Term and Application Performance
- GATEWAY Demonstrations: What Have We Learned About LED Performance and Cost Effectiveness