Next Generation Luminaires Design Competition Announces 2013 Outdoor Winners
February 27, 2014
The 2013 winners in the outdoor category of the Next Generation LuminairesTM Solid-State Lighting Design Competition were announced at the Strategies in Light conference in Santa Clara, CA. Sponsored by DOE, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, and the International Association of Lighting Designers, NGL was created to recognize and promote excellence in commercial LED lighting products.
Compared to previous years, the results show a marked improvement in overall performance, with efficacies continuing to climb. Out of 68 outdoor entries from 41 manufacturers, 26 were recognized as winners for 2013, meaning they met the competition's stringent requirements and the judges considered them worthy of specification. A panel of six judges, drawn from across the architectural lighting community, evaluated the entries based on such characteristics as lighting quality, appearance, serviceability, efficacy, and value.
A record six winners from five different manufacturers were designated as Best in Class:
- Juno Lighting Group for its PL2 Series bollard
- LED Roadway Lighting for its NXT-STM local residential roadway fixture
- Juno Lighting Group for its Finia building perimeter wallpack
- Cooper Lighting by Eaton for its McGraw-Edison Top TierTM parking and area luminaire
- Cree for its CPY250 canopy luminaire
- Louis Poulsen Lighting for its LP ICON LED pedestrian walkway fixture
More information on all the winning entries is available at www.ngldc.org.