This page contains links to weekly Postings from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solid-State Lighting Program. The Postings provide updates from DOE on solid-state lighting program events, as well as timely discussions of critical issues impacting the development and acceptance of solid-state lighting.
If you wish to link to or reference an issue of the Postings, we ask that you comply with the following requirements:
- Request permission from the U.S. Department of Energy, describing the purpose for making use of the Postings and providing a basic profile of your audience
- Provide proper attribution to DOE and context for the Postings message, using the description provided at the top of this page so the Department of Energy is given appropriate acknowledgement.
- To reference a specific issue of the Postings in its entirety, link to the PDF file posted on the DOE SSL website, rather than downloading the file to another web server per EERE's web policy.
- Provide the DOE SSL Program a link to your use of the Postings to facilitate ongoing participation and collaboration by DOE.
- Do not use Postings material to state or imply DOE endorsement of a commercial product, service, or activity; or use it in any other manner that might mislead the public.
Note that the fast pace of solid-state lighting technology and market developments often renders last month's news obsolete, so interested readers should stay tuned on a weekly basis. To add your name to the Postings mailing list, contact email@example.com.
Dec. 2, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on Carclo Technical Plastics
Nov. 25, 2013: More from CALiPER on LED PAR38 lamps
Nov. 21, 2013: Reflections on the Portland Workshop
Nov. 12, 2013: Greetings from DOE's Eighth Annual SSL Market Introduction Workshop
Nov. 7, 2013: A look at OLED lighting
Sept. 27, 2013: Some changes for LED Lighting Facts®
Sept. 17, 2013: A not-to-be-missed SSL Market Introduction Workshop
Sept. 10, 2013: DOE consortium is helping cities lighten their electrical loads
Sept. 4, 2013: Answering questions about DOE's R&D program
Aug. 28, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on TOGGLED
Aug. 23, 2013: Color shift
Aug. 15, 2013: New Snapshot report on outdoor area lighting
Aug. 6, 2013: Kansas City demonstration highlights challenges involved in LED street lighting products
Aug. 1, 2013: L Prize rules tweaked to spur groundbreaking innovation
Jul. 25, 2013: Major new DOE study on residential lighting use
Jul. 18, 2013: Are LEDs safe for our eyes?
Jul. 10, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on Rambus
Jul. 2, 2013: L Prize winner completes 25,000 hours of lumen maintenance testing
Jun. 28, 2013: Holding SSL to high standards
Jun. 18, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on NEXT Lighting
Jun. 14, 2013: Summary of the June SSL Manufacturing R&D Workshop
Jun. 7, 2013: GATEWAY report on parking garage lighting at Dept. of Labor headquarters
Jun. 3, 2013: Webinar and new model specification for adaptive street lighting controls
May 21, 2013: New DOE report on LED savings in common lighting applications
May 13, 2013: Preview of the June SSL Manufacturing R&D Workshop
May 7, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on Cree
May 3, 2013: Observations from LIGHTFAIR
Apr. 22, 2013: LED Lighting Facts® update
Apr. 15, 2013: DOE offering free SSL training sessions at LIGHTFAIR
Apr. 11, 2013: New DOE study on end-of-life lamp disposal
Apr. 4, 2013: A new look at commercial ambient LED lighting
Mar. 28, 2013: DOE's SSL website—a wealth of resources
Mar. 21, 2013: Next Generation LuminairesTM Indoor Winners Announced
Mar. 15, 2013: LED lighting in museums
Mar. 7, 2013: Measuring and perceiving the color of light
Mar. 1, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on WhiteOptics
Feb. 22, 2013: Changes afoot for LED Lighting Facts
Feb. 15, 2013: Next Generation Luminaires 2012 outdoor competition winners
Feb. 8, 2013: Summary of the January SSL R&D Workshop
Jan. 29, 2013: Los Angeles achieves more than savings with LED streetlights
Jan. 24, 2013: SSL in America—Spotlight on Plasma-Therm LLC
Jan. 17, 2013: CALiPER 2012 Year in Review
Jan. 10, 2013: DOE SSL program 2013 preview
Jan. 4, 2013: DOE SSL program 2012 review