U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Program – Information Resources
2012 DOE Solid-State Lighting
Market Introduction Workshop
Wyndham Grand Downtown
July 17–19, 2012
The solid-state lighting market is changing rapidly. Higher performance and lower prices are accelerating market adoption. Changes are happening so quickly, if you analyzed SSL options 12 months ago, your conclusions are likely out of date. Yet SSL is often not a drop-in, one-for-one replacement for an existing lighting technology. And questions remain regarding reliability, lifetime, dimming, color quality, and other performance characteristics. So how do you prepare for the most significant change in lighting technology since the days of Edison?
Join DOE at the seventh annual SSL Market Introduction Workshop and keep up with a market in motion. Mix and match your sessions: In addition to the two-day workshop, DOE is presenting a half-day of free tutorials for newcomers, plus a guided bus tour to local LED installations. Choose the sessions that are right for you.
OPTIONAL PRE-WORKSHOP TUTORIALS: JULY 17
Must-see tutorials for those new to SSL. Registration required; attendance is FREE. IES continuing education credits available.
- Solid-State Lighting 101
- How Well Do LED Products Perform in the Lab?
- How Well Do LED Products Perform in the Real World?
- Understanding Lifetime and Reliability
- Get the Facts
- Stump the Chumps: Your Chance to Ask the Tough Questions
Pre-Workshop Tutorial Agenda
OPTIONAL GUIDED BUS TOUR: JULY 17
A guided bus tour will visit Phipps Conservatory's newly opened Center for Sustainable Landscapes, a retail storefront, and a city neighborhood, with a wide range of LED products installed. Registration required; $20 transportation fee.
TWO-DAY WORKSHOP: JULY 18–19
Lighting industry experts share insights, perspectives, and the latest updates. Registration required; $300 includes all sessions, lunches, and a networking reception. IES continuing education credits available.
- Product Pricing, Cost Effectiveness, and Financing
- Lessons Learned from Outdoor Lighting Installations
- Commercial Ambient Lighting Solutions
- LED Replacement Lamp Trends
- Lessons Learned from Lighting Showrooms
- Weaving LED Products into Existing Lighting Efficiency Programs
- LED Life Cycle Analysis: A DOE Study
- Lessons Learned from Facility Managers