U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Office – Information Resources
The Benson Hotel, 309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205
The workshop room rate at the Benson is no longer available; however, rooms may still be available at the standard hotel rate. Please contact the hotel directly for more information at 1-503-228-2000. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Transportation and Parking
The Benson is approximately 30 minutes from the Portland International Airport, depending on traffic and transportation provider. A variety of transportation options are available, including rental car, taxi, shuttle, and light rail (TriMet/MAX). Please note:
- The Benson does not have its own airport shuttle, but a number of companies provide shuttle service to and from the airport. It is advisable to reserve a shuttle in advance. The Benson suggests Blue Star Airport Shuttle ($14).
- Taxi fare from the airport is approximately $35.
- The MAX Red Line connects the Portland International Airport to downtown. The two closest stations to the Benson are Pioneer Square North, 4 blocks away (no transfer), and SW 5th and Oak St., 2 blocks away (must transfer to the Green Line at Gateway/NE 99th Ave.).
- Valet parking is available at the Benson for $31/day, with in/out and overnight privileges.
- Self-parking is available in several nearby garages:
- Bank of California—707 SW Washington St. (has underground tunnel attached to the Benson). Early bird parking between 5:30 and 10:30 a.m. is $9.75 until 5:00 p.m., or $5/hour or $17/day.
- SmartPark O'Brien Sq.—808 SW Stark St., $10/day
- Additional options