U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Office – Information Resources
Transformations in Lighting:
2011 DOE Solid-State Lighting R&D Workshop
Marriott Mission Valley
San Diego, CA
February 1-3, 2011
Join DOE for the eighth annual SSL R&D workshop. This gathering of the who's who in lighting research is more than a premier forum for networking. It informs the research agendas in government, academia, and industry—propelling SSL technology toward the highest possible levels of quality and energy-efficient performance.
As more and more high-performance, high-efficiency SSL products move to market, what is really needed to accelerate adoption and realize significant energy savings? Invited speakers will share insights on today's products and tomorrow's lighting systems, exploring the barriers and opportunities that will affect the speed of SSL market adoption. LED track sessions will look at novel architectures, new packaging and materials, and integrated functionality. OLED track sessions will explore methods for improving light extraction, increasing brightness, and extending lifetime.
Additional highlights include:
- Recognition for top R&D performers in 2010
- Poster session featuring more than 30 DOE-funded projects
- Lessons learned from real-world applications
- USGBC/IES/AIA continuing education credits available
- Networking with our nation's leading scientists and lighting experts
- NEW! Optional tour of local LED lighting installations