U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Office – High Performance Windows Volume Purchase
Windows Volume Purchase Midwest Regional Workshop
The Windows Volume Purchase Team and partners hosted the Windows Volume Purchase Midwest Regional Workshop at the Chicago Center for Green Technology, September 22-23, 2010.
September 22: Two identical sessions for "Buyers" of Highly Efficient Windows were held from 9:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm. The two workshops focused on new opportunities to purchase affordable highly insulating R-5/Low-E storm windows through the DOE's Windows Volume Purchase program.
September 23: One session for Windows Volume Purchase Program Partners was held from 9:00am-12:00pm and focused on economic analyses and energy efficiency program design to promote new opportunities to purchase affordable highly insulating windows through the DOE's Windows Volume Purchase program.
- Assessing Window Energy Savings – Context and Tools, Neal Humphrey, Alliance to Save Energy
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities with Highly Insulating Windows, Nils Petermann, Alliance to Save Energy
- National Energy Audit Tool (NEAT) Analysis to Support State Weatherization Programs, Walt Zalis, Energetics Incorporated
- The U.S. Department of Energy Welcome, Graham Parker, Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL)
- The Windows Volume Purchase Solicitation, Graham Parker, Pacific Northwest National Lab
- "Windows of Savings": Windows Volume Purchase Marketing, Walt Zalis, Energetics Incorporated
An exhibit from various manufacturers with R-5 and Low-e Storm Windows was also on display throughout each event. The Volume Purchase Team would like to thank our Midwest Regional Workshop partners: The City of Chicago, the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity, the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) and the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Inc. (CEDA).