U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Hydrogen Safety Training for Researchers
September 20, 2010
The U.S. Department of Energy is offering an online training course on hydrogen safety for laboratory researchers and technical personnel. The course, Hydrogen Safety Training for Researchers, focuses on appropriate hydrogen safety handling practices key to preventing accidents.
Six modules are included in the course, with a quiz at the end of each module:
- Course Introduction and Overview
- Basic Handling Precautions for Hydrogen Use as they Relate to Hydrogen's Physical and Chemical Properties
- Safety Issues Related to Pressurized Systems
- Safety Issues Related to Cryogenic Systems
- Overview of Emergency Response Considerations for Hydrogen Incidents
- High-Level Overview of the Codes and Standards that Apply to Hydrogen Applications.
The course also features supplementary resources, such as a library section that includes publications, related links and a glossary of terms. The course was developed with significant input from the Hydrogen Safety Panel and takes approximately four hours to complete.
Visit Hydrogen Safety Training for Researchers on the Web to access the course.