Energy Efficiency Ambassadors (5-8)
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
In these activities, students will compare two products that provide the same function (in this case, light), but require different amounts of energy to do their job. Students will research and demonstrate energy efficiency in action and learn how it applies to different technologies. After the activities, students should be able to discuss the following:
- How does using less energy help our environment?
- What are the primary differences between compact fluorescent ligh
Show Full Summary...
Science, Math, English, Language Arts, Technology
|Plan Time:||30 minutes
National Standards: 5-8
- INT-F: 4.c. Students can use a systematic approach to thinking critically about risks and benefits.
- INT-F: 4.d. Important personal and social decisions are made based on perceptions of benefits and risks.
- INT-F: 5.b. Societal challenges often inspire questions for scientific research, and societal priorities often influence research priorities.
- INT-F: 5.c. Technology influences society through its products and processes. Techn
Show Full Standards...
Compact fluorescent bulb, incandescent bulb, thermometer
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency