Energy Efficiency in the Home
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
The purpose of this lesson is to develop student understanding of the economic and environmental impact of energy use and energy management in a society where energy costs are rising as fossil fuels become increasingly scarce. Through personal investigation, students will learn how they can become more energy savvy and discover ways to conserve energy in their homes. Activities include:
- Guided Energy Audit of the School
- Watt Meter Activity
Physical Science, Social Studies, Math
|Plan Time:||Minimum of two class periods
National Standards: 5-8
- INT-A: 1.c. Use appropriate tools and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- INT-A: 1.d. Develop descriptions, explanations, predictions, and models using evidence.
- INT-A: 1.e. Think critically and logically to make the relationships between evidence and explanations.
- INT-A: 1.f. Recognize and analyze alternative explanations and predictions.
- INT-A: 1.g. Communicate scientific procedures and expla
Show Full Standards...
National Renewable Energy Laboratory