Geothermal Energy (5 Activities)
Geothermal energy is one of the components of the National Energy Policy: “Reliable, Affordable, and Environmentally Sound Energy for America’s Future.” This lesson includes five activities that will give your students information on the principles of heat transfer and the technology of using geothermal energy to generate electricity. The activities are:
- What factors affect the heat transfer from rock to water?
- How does energy transferred between fluids in a binary geot
Show Full Summary...
Social Studies, Science, Technology
|Plan Time:||Varies by activity
Science Content Standards: 5-8
CONTENT STANDARD A: Science As Inquiry
- Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry
- Understandings about scientific inquiry
CONTENT STANDARD B: Physical Science
- Properties and changes of properties in matter
- Motions and Forces
- Transfer of energy
CONTENT STANDARD D: Earth and Space Science
- Structure of the Earth System
CONTENT STANDARD E
Show Full Standards...
Varies by activity
National Renewable Energy Laboratory