Awards are for two years. Participants will receive the following benefits during each Award year:
Participants will receive a yearly stipend of $65,000. Stipend payments will be made monthly via electronic funds transfer into a single financial account.
A stipend supplement will be provided to cover the cost of the individual or family health insurance plan offered by Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), which includes medical coverage and a prescription drug plan.
Relocation expenses, not to exceed $5,000, incurred in relocating from the participant's current address to the vicinity of the research facility (if more than 50 miles from the address shown on the application form), may be reimbursed. Relocation expenses may include transportation, shipment of household goods within the United States, temporary lodging, and per diem. Reimbursements are governed by federal travel regulations and the ORISE Travel Policy.
Participants will receive a research allowance of $10,000 per Award year to cover expenses related to their research and/or to scientific and professional development activities. The research allowance may be used for the following purposes:
- Travel (domestic and foreign) to research-related activities, professional development experiences, scientific/technical research conferences, or professional meetings.
- Purchase of laboratory research supplies, including books and minor equipment.
- Subscription to trade/technical publications.
- Purchase of memberships to trade/technical organizations.
- Purchase of computers, software, and peripherals.
Research Mentor Allowance
Research Mentors will receive an allowance of $5,000 per Award year to cover expenses incurred in support of the Participant, such as space, equipment, and general purpose supplies.
Annual EERE Research Meeting
The Participants travel and accommodations to an Annual Research Meeting will be provided. This meeting will be organized and hosted by EERE. The Annual Research Meeting will be held in 2015.