U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Energy Education & Workforce Development – EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards
Applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- Have a Ph.D. for no more than five years from the application deadline or be expected to complete all the doctoral degree requirements by May 31, 2014.
- Have U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status by April 30, 2014.
- Be available to start by September 1, 2014. Exceptions to this requirement may be considered for applicants with previous commitments. Contact ORISE for additional information.
- Have received support to submit an application from a research mentor who holds a principal investigator position at a research facility (see Research Mentors for requirements and expectations for research mentors).
- Be eligible to obtain security or visitation clearance, if one is required, by the host facility.
- Have demonstrated commitment to pursue innovative research in EERE areas of interest.
- Have a superior academic performance record.
Other important Information:
- If you are currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program and planning to complete the degree requirements by May 31, 2014, you must have the graduate dean, registrar, or other authorized university official provide a signed statement that all requirements for the doctorate degree are expected to be met by May 31, 2014. You may not begin until all degree obligations have been met.
- Applicants with no previous postdoctoral experience are preferred.
- If you are currently holding a postdoctoral position, you may select your current research mentor as long as you have not been in his/her lab for more than two years. However, if selected for an Award, you must rescind from all employment or affiliation commitments before the beginning of the Award.
- You may not select your Ph.D. advisor as your research mentor for this program, even if he/she changes research institutions. Moreover, it is preferred that you do not stay at the same university where you received your doctorate. Exceptions may be considered when scientific reasons (e.g., new research mentor expertise or the availability of specialized equipment) make it necessary to remain at the same university.
The EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards are offered without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or disabled veteran.