CEMI Midwest Regional Summit
June 21, 2013
The Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative (CEMI) is hosting its first of several regional summits—the CEMI Midwest Regional Summit—on Friday, June 21, 2013, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. The Midwest Summit will:
- Showcase regional Clean Energy Manufacturing activities, opportunities, priorities, and recent successes
- Highlight EERE and Federal Clean Energy Manufacturing resources
- Seek input on how the Initiative can strengthen national and regional manufacturing competitiveness
- Foster regional stakeholder networking and partnerships.
Business leaders, technologists, state and municipal policymakers, economic development organizations, and university leaders have all been invited to the summit to hear a range of keynote addresses and panels, as well as participate in breakout sessions. See the summit agenda for more details.
Keynote speakers will discuss the importance of clean energy manufacturing for the United States. Some high-level speakers include:
- Dr. David Danielson, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Marcy Kaptur, U.S. Representative, 9th Congressional District, Ohio
- Sherrod Brown, U.S. Senator, Ohio.