Qualified List of Energy Service Companies
FEMP established the Department of Energy (DOE) Qualified List of Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) (DOE Qualified List) in accordance with the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (EPAct 1992) and 10 CFR 436.
The DOE Qualified List consists of private industry firms that have submitted an application and been qualified by a Qualification Review Board comprised of Federal Interagency Energy Management Task Force representatives and DOE staff.
- Applying for the DOE Qualified List
- Applications Forms and Submittal
- Evaluation Process
- Additional Information
Applying for the DOE Qualified List
Applications for the DOE Qualified List are accepted throughout the year. Each member on the list is required to re-certify each calendar year.
To be considered for DOE's Qualified List, all first-time applicants must complete and submit the following materials:
- Statement of qualifications (Standard Form 129 and attached supplemental questionnaire)
- Two client questionnaires with original signatures from project clients
For an application to be considered for evaluation, both the Standard Form 129 and supplemental questions 10A through 10E must be completed. All questions in the supplemental questionnaire must be completed with special attention paid to two project descriptions that demonstrate design and installation experience in energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs) or energy conservation measures (ECMs) (Question 10B[a]). Personnel qualifications should be in the form of resumes (Question 10D[a]), and trades that the organization utilizes on a regular basis should be demonstrated with the firm's personnel qualifications (Question 10D[b]).
Included with this application are two client questionnaires that must be completed and submitted with original client signatures as part of the application. These questionnaires should correspond with the two project descriptions identified in the statement of qualifications (Question 10B[a]).
Responses of "not applicable" to Questions 10E(b) and (c) will be considered incomplete and may delay the qualification review process. Only "Yes" or "No" answers will be accepted.
Application Forms and Submittal
A copy of the application may be obtained by calling 877-337-3463 and providing your name, company name, address, and telephone number.
If you prefer, you can download the application below:
Please submit an original and one copy of your firm's application to the following:
Federal Energy Management Program
U.S. Department of Energy, EE-2L
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20585
Attn: Qualified List
A Qualification Review Board (QRB) evaluates applications for the DOE Qualified List of Energy Service Companies. On the basis of statements of qualifications received and any other relevant information, the QRB selects firms for inclusion on the qualified list if:
- The firm has provided ESPC services, or services that saved energy or reduced utility costs for not less that two clients; and the firm possesses the appropriate project experience to successfully implement the technologies that it proposes to provide.
- Previous project clients provide ratings that are "fair" or better.
- The firm, or any principal of the firm, has neither been insolvent nor declared bankruptcy within the last five years.
- The firm, or any principal of the firm, is not on the list of parties excluded from procurement programs (in other words, has not been debarred by the Federal Government) under 48 CFR part 9, subpart 9.4.
- There is no adverse information that warrants the conclusion that the firm is not qualified to perform energy savings performance contracting.
Please allow at least three months for the evaluation process to be completed.
If you have any questions, please contact Douglas Eisemann at 703-653-5425 or email@example.com.