U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Federal Energy Management Program
Federal Utility Partnership Working Group
The Federal Utility Partnership Working Group (FUPWG) establishes partnerships and facilitates communications among Federal agencies, utilities, and energy service companies (ESCOs). The group develops strategies to implement cost-effective energy efficiency and water conservation projects through utility incentive programs at Federal sites.
The mission and objectives of the Federal Utility Partnership Working Group are as follows:
- Enhance existing or foster new partnerships between Federal agencies and their servicing utilities to identify, develop, and implement cost-effective energy efficiency, water conservation, and renewable energy projects at Federal sites
- Identify how utilities can help Federal agencies meet energy management goals required by legislation
- Expand the communication infrastructure between Federal agencies, specific sites, and utilities regarding all aspects of Federal energy management
- Prepare agencies for upcoming changes in the electric utility industry and provide information regarding recent technological developments in the areas of energy efficiency and water conservation
The FUPWG purpose, policies, and operations overview is available for additional information.
FUPWG consists of Federal agencies, utilities, and energy service organizations. A list of participating organizations is available.
Investor-owned electric utility industry members of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) pledged to assist Federal agencies in achieving energy-saving goals. The Electric Utility Industry Pledge is available, as well as a list of utility partners and third-party funding partners.
The Federal Utility Partnership Working Group meets twice per year to share success stories, information on FEMP programs and products, and other FUPWG business. Past meeting summaries are available. For upcoming meetings, please see the FEMP calendar of events.
Voluntary Data Collection
Submit your utility energy service contract (UESC) data to help FEMP improve its UESC program. All information is kept confidential. Fill out the following documents and send them to Evan Fuka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UESC Data Collection Template
- Confidentiality Statement