U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Federal Energy Management Program
Labs21 Toolkit Includes New and Revised Tools...
July 28, 2004
The Labs21 Best Practice Guides are one of several new and revised tools in the Labs21 toolkit, including:
- Labs21 Process Manual: This document provides step-by-step guidance of the design process for a highperformance laboratory, and includes a checklist of sustainable design strategies. It is especially useful for design charrettes.
- Case Studies: New case studies highlight the Nidus Center for Scientific Enterprise in St. Louis, MO, and the Donald Bren Hall in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Design Guide: A compendium of hierarchically organized references on energy efficient strategies, this guide has been updated with more than 120 new sources.
- Design Intent Tool: Includes a new template with the Labs21
Environmental Performance Criteria. This tool, with its automated report generation
feature, allows a design team to consistently document and track design targets.
- Benchmarking Database: Now has energy use data on more than 40 facilities.
All the tools can be accessed at www.labs21century.gov/toolkit.