U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Federal Energy Management Program
Solar World Congress 2005 to be Held in Orlando, Florida
November 30, 2004
The American Solar Energy Society welcomes the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Solar World Congress back to the United States in Orlando, Florida, August 6-12, 2005. Join leading researchers, scientists, engineers, architects, designers and other renewable energy professionals from around the world at this comprehensive program.
Now is the time to start making plans for this important event. It has been 14 years since the ISES Solar World Congress was held in the U.S. Highlights of the program will include:
- A celebration of the 50th anniversary of ISES, honoring the pioneers, organizations and milestones in the society's history, with special sessions and presentations on solar science in the past 50 years. Also included will be a retrospective on worldwide Solar Energy History of the 20th Century.
- Special solar tracks looking at the technologies, issues and applications of solar energy in the coming years.
- A special track on solving the world's water problems by using solar energy for pumping, desalination, purification, irrigation and more—bringing safe, accessible water to people around the world.
- An indoor and outdoor international exhibition displaying the latest products, technologies and services in solar, wind, biomass, sustainable technologies and water applications.
- Pre- and Post-Congress trips to the Florida Solar Energy Center, the University of Florida's Solar Energy and Energy Conversion Laboratory, Kennedy Space Center, solar companies and local attractions.
- A variety of educational workshops and short courses on solar technologies.
- Expected to be the largest gathering of renewable energy professionals in the world.
The "Sunshine State" of Florida is the home to a thriving solar industry, two nationally renowned solar energy research centers and hundreds of thousands of residents who use solar water heating, pool heating and photovoltaic technologies in their homes and businesses.
For full details on the 2005 Solar World Congress, visit www.swc2005.org.