Market Studies for Distributed Energy Resources and Combined Heat and Power
Federal energy managers may encounter questions when evaluating and deploying distributed energy resources (DER) and combined heat and power (CHP). For example:
- How much capacity is potentially available nationwide?
- Where and in which agencies is this power concentrated?
- What are the economics of deploying DER and CHP?
- What differences does selected technology make?
- What types of buildings are most suitable?
FEMP conducted two market studies in fiscal years 2001 and 2002 to help answer these questions.