U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
EERE Financial Opportunities
Recovery Act - State Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program (SEEARP)
Open Date: 07/14/2009
Close Date: 10/15/2009
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000119
The Recovery Act provides $296M to implement Section 124 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (EPAct 2005) establishing Department of Energy support for States rebate programs for residential ENERGY STAR appliance products (those that represent improvements in efficiency compared to the majority of products in the market). States will receive formula-based funding to establish or supplement established ENERGY STAR appliance rebate programs. Federal funds, awarded from this Funding Opportunity Announcement, may be used to pay up to 50% of the administrative costs to carry out the rebate program.
The Appliance Rebate Program Objectives are:
- Save energy by encouraging appliance replacement through consumer rebates
- Make rebates available to consumers
- Enhance existing rebate programs by leveraging ENERGY STAR national partner relationships and local program infrastructure
- Keep administrative costs low while adhering to monitoring and evaluation requirements
- Promote state and national tracking and accountability
- Use existing ENERGY STAR consumer education and outreach materials
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.