Financial Opportunities by Audience
Lab Call for Research and Development for On-Board Vehicular
Funding: Up to $6 million
Open Date: 03/27/2006
Close Date: 05/10/2006
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-PS36-06GO96012P
The Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy is soliciting applications in support of the President’s Hydrogen Fuel Initiative to develop a pathway to a hydrogen economy. This funding opportunity announcement seeks to fund the research and development of viable hydrogen storage technologies for on-board vehicular applications.
Applications are requested in the following categories:
Category 1: Applications are sought for projects that are supportive of and complementary to the activities of the existing Hydrogen Storage Centers of Excellence in Metal Hydrides, Chemical Hydrogen Storage, and Carbon-Based Materials. Such projects must help establish important new technical approaches or capabilities not presently available at the centers.
Category 2: Applications are sought for independent research and development projects that address one of three technical topics: (1) materials discovery, (2) engineering science, or (3) systems, safety, and environmental analyses.
The primary organization that submits a proposal for this laboratory call must be a national laboratory as defined by the Energy Policy Act of 2005. National labs include:
- Ames Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
- Sandia National Laboratory
- Savannah River National Laboratory
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility.
Last updated: 08/03/2009
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.