Financial Opportunities by Audience
Storage // 2008 // Administration of H-Prize for Hydrogen Storage
Open Date: 05/15/2008
Close Date: 07/07/2008
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-PS36-08GO98027
This solicitation is to identify an organization that will serve as an "Administering Entity" to implement the H-Prize, which will competitively award cash prizes to advance the research, development, demonstration, and commercial application of hydrogen energy technologies. It is expected that the Administering Entity has technical capabilities, either in-house or by teaming with an organization with experience in hydrogen technologies. This solicitation is not for the prize itself, but rather for the organization that will work with DOE to:
- Advertise prize/challenge competitions and their results;
- Raise funds from private entities and individuals;
- Develop the criteria for selecting winners in prize competitions, based on goals provided by DOE;
- Determine the appropriate amount of Federal funding and funding sources for each prize to be awarded;
- Provide advice and consultation on the selection of judges; and
- Protect against the unauthorized use or disclosure of a registered participant's trade secrets and confidential business information.
Last updated: 03/20/2009
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.