Development of Supply Systems to Handle and Deliver High Tonnage Biomass Feedstocks for Cellulosic Biofuels Production
Funding: $15 million
Open Date: 03/18/2009
Close Date: 05/18/2009
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000060
The intent of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to stimulate the design and demonstration of a comprehensive system to handle the harvesting, collection, preprocessing, transport and storage of sufficient volumes of sustainably produced feedstocks required to achieve the rapid expansion of the commercial domestic biofuels industry.
DOE is seeking applications from consortia that include at least one Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of industrial/agricultural equipment used in harvest, collection, preprocessing, transport, and storage of lignocellulosic feedstocks. Typical entities that may partner with OEMs include: growers, transport companies, universities, national labs, and biorefineries or conversion facilities. Other interested entities may partner with any applicant consortium. One entity must be designated as the lead by members of the consortium.
This FOA requests that applicants define, design, fabricate, and demonstrate a comprehensive industrial scale feedstocks logistics handling system capable of supplying high impact feedstocks to support production of cellulosic domestic biofuels. To support DOE's goals, it is expected that system components proposed will be operational within one to two years after applicants are selected.
To access these Funding Opportunity Announcements, please follow these steps:
- Go to the FedConnect Web site.
- Click on "Search Public Opportunities and Awards."
- Under "Search Criteria," select "Reference Number" from the drop-down menu.
- Type the funding opportunity number of the opportunity you are interested in reviewing: DE-FOA-0000060.
- Click on "Search." Select the opportunity that appears.
- Look in the right column. Beneath a folder called "00001" is a file called "Body." Click on this to open the text of the opportunity.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Last updated: 03/30/2009
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.