Financial Opportunities by Audience
Recovery Act - Solar Market Transformation
Funding: Up to $37M Total; Maximum Per Award Varies By Topic
Open Date: 05/27/2009
Close Date: 07/30/2009
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000078
The objectives are to address current market barriers to the adoption of solar technologies and establish a nationally coordinated effort to spread solar installer training to the local level.
The two topic areas are listed below:
- Solar America Cities Special Projects helps the 25 Solar America Cities scale-up innovative programs and concepts, so they can be tested in a broader marketplace; thereby, increasing the likelihood of replication in other U.S. cities.
- Solar Installer Instructor Training promotes an increase in the quality and availability of instruction relating to the installation of photovoltaic (PV) and solar heating and cooling systems.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
The Solar Energy Technologies Program (SETP) is working to reduce market barriers and promote market expansion of solar energy technologies through non-R&D activities, which include:
- Activities that provide technical, regulatory, institutional, financial, and educational solutions to market transformation barriers
- Efforts that accelerate demand for new solar technologies.
Several defining aspects of SETP efforts are:
- SETP is seeking to identify and minimize or remove barriers to solar technology commercialization as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Emphasis will be on projects and activities with the greatest potential to assist DOE in reaching cost-competiveness by 2015.
- Given the proximity of its 2015 goal, SETP is seeking to make large and significant changes in the marketplace through its activities.
Last updated: 05/28/2009
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.