Financial Opportunities by Audience
U.S. Offshore Wind: Removing Market Barriers
Open Date: 02/07/2011
Close Date: 06/10/2011
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000414
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Program has issued U.S. Offshore Wind: Removing Market Barriers. This Funding Opportunity Announcement will fund research activities to address market barriers limiting the deployment of offshore wind energy projects in the United States. These activities will fall within the following Topic Areas:
- Topic Area 1: Offshore Wind Market and Economic Analysis
- Topic Area 2: Environmental Risk Reduction
- Topic Area 3: Manufacturing and Supply Chain Development
- Topic Area 4: Transmission Planning and Interconnection Studies
- Topic Area 5: Optimized Infrastructure and Operations
- Topic Area 6: Resource Characterization and Design Conditions
- Topic Area 7: Impact on Electronic Equipment in the Marine Environment
Within the defined topic areas, DOE will fund specific social, environmental and technical analysis, as well as engineering and planning activities required to complete the proposed scope of work.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
Last updated: 02/08/2011
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.