Financial Opportunities by Audience
Integrated Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS) Research and Development
Open Date: 02/21/2014
Close Date: 04/30/2014
Funding Organization: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Funding Number: DE-FOA-0000842
Through this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the Geothermal Technologies Office's (GTO) Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS) Subprogram seeks to advance subsurface characterization via an integrated technical approach to EGS R&D. GTO encourages the community to integrate technologies to address the challenges associated with quantifying reservoir complexity. GTO is interested in increasing the precision and accuracy of directly measured parameters and improving the ability to constrain calculated or inferred reservoir properties from these direct measurements. Critical parameters that GTO is interested in constraining include, but are not limited to: matrix to fracture heat transfer area; fluid mean residence time; in-situ stresses; fracture spacing; fracture aperture distribution; porosity; and reservoir volume. GTO seeks research projects that will facilitate a better understanding of physicochemical conditions to optimize subsurface en gineering and stimulation methods, as well as assess and better understand the evolution and sustainability of a reservoir during long-term operations.
For more information, see the full solicitation.
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Independent school districts
- Special district governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized)
- State governments
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments)
- Small businesses
- City or township governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- For profit organizations other than small businesses.
Last updated: 02/24/2014
Funding amounts and schedules are subject to change.