Specialized Materials and Fluids and Power Plants
Below are the project presentations and respective peer review results for Specialized Materials and Fluids and Power Plants.
- Evaluate Thermal Spray Coatings as a Pressure Seal, Joseph A. Henfling, Sandia National Laboratories
- Technologies for Extracting Valuable Metals and Compounds from Geothermal Fluids, Dr. Stephen Harrison, Simbol Mining Corp.
- Chemical Energy Carriers (CEC) for the Utilization of Geothermal Energy, Bassam Jody, Argonne National Laboratory
- Geopolymer Sealing Materials, Dr. Tomas Butcher and Dr. Toshi Sugama, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- High Temperature, High Pressure Devices for Zonal Isolation in Geothermal Wells, Paul Fabian, Composite Technology Development, Inc.
- High-potential Working Fluids for Next Generation Binary Cycle Geothermal Power Plants, Helge B. Klockow, GE Global Research
- Temporary Bridging Agents for Use in Drilling and Completions of EGS, Larry Watters and Jeff Watters, CSI Technologies LLC
- Development of an Improved Cement for Geothermal Wells, George Trabits, Trabits Group, LLC
- Air-Cooled Condensers in Next-Generation Conversion Systems, Greg Mines, Idaho National Laboratory
- Ionic Liquids for Utilization of Geothermal Energy, Joan F. Brennecke, University of Notre Dame
- Hybrid and Advanced Air Cooling, Desikan Bharathan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Working Fluids and Their Effect on Geothermal Turbines, Adrian S. Sabau, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Metal Organic Heat Carriers for Enhanced Geothermal Systems, B. Peter McGrail, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Optimization of Hybrid-water/Air-cooled Condenser in an Enhanced Turbine Geothermal ORC System, Hailing Wu, United Technologies Research Center
- Tailored Working Fluids for Enhanced Binary Geothermal Power Plants, Dr. Ahmad M. Mahmoud, United Technologies Research Center