U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Geothermal Technologies Office
Ground Source Heat Pump Demonstration Projects
Below are the project presentations and respective peer review results for Ground Source Heat Pump Demonstration Projects.
- Two (2) 175 Ton (350 Tons total) Chiller Geothermal Heat Pumps for recently commissioned LEED Platinum Building, Terry Hoffmann, Johnson Controls
- National Certification Standard for the Geothermal Heat Pump Industry, John Kelly Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium
- Measuring the Costs and Economic, Social, and Environmental Benefits of Nationwide Geothermal Heat Pump Deployment and The Potential Employment, Energy, and Environmental Impacts of Direct Use Applications, Liz Battocletti, Bob Lawrence and Associates, Inc.
- Geothermal Academy: Focus Center for Data Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination, Dr. Masami Nakagawa, Colorado School of Mines
- Finite Volume Based Computer Program for Ground Source Heat Pump Systems, Jim Menart, Wright State University
- Development of a Software Design Tool for Hybrid Solar-Geothermal Heat Pump Systems in Heating- and Cooling-Dominated Buildings, C. C. Yavuzturk, Ph.D., C.E.M., T. P. Filburn, Ph.D., PE, University of Hartford; A. D. Chiasson, Ph.D., PE, University of Dayton; J. A. Shonder, Oak Ridge National Laboratories
- Recovery Act: Development of Design and Simulation Tool for Hybrid Geothermal Heat Pump System, Dan Ellis, ClimateMaster. Inc., Xiaobing Liu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Hybrid Ground Source System Analysis and Tool Development, Scott Hackel, Energy Center of Wisconsin
- Cedarville School District Retrofit of Heating and Cooling Systems with Geothermal Heat Pumps and Ground Source Water Loops, Barry Ferguson, Building Design Services, Inc.
- Large Scale GSHP as Alternative Energy for American Farmers, Shawn Yunsheng Xu, University of Missouri
- Analysis of Energy, Environmental and Life Cycle Cost Reduction Potential of Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) in Hot and Humid Climate, Y.-X. Tao, Florida International University
- Analysis and Tools to Spur Increased Deployment of "Waste Heat" Rejection/Recycling Hybrid GHP Systems in Hot, Arid or Semiarid Climates Like Texas, Glenn Masada, University of Texas at Austin
- Geothermal Retrofit of Illinois National Guard State Headquarters Building, Mark Lee, Department of Military Affairs
- A Demonstration Project for Capturing Geothermal Energy from Mine Waters beneath Butte, MT, Dr. W. Franklin Gilmore, University of Montana
- RiverHeath, Appleton, WI, Mark Geall, Tanesay Development, Chicago, IL
- DEC SW 40th Street Thermal Energy Plant, Krishna Amancherla, District Energy Corporation; Greg Kronaizl, Farris Engineering
- Optimal Ground-Source Heat Pump System Design, Metin Ozbek, ENVIRON
- Flathead Electric Cooperative Facility Geothermal Heat Pump System Upgrade, Cheryl Talley, PE, Flathead Electric Cooperative
- Forrest County Geothermal Energy Project, Chuck Farnham, I. C. Thomasson Associates, Inc.
- Retrofit of the Local 150 of International Union of Operating Engineers Headquarters Campus, Daniel Cheifetz, Indie Energy Systems Company
- Education and Collection Facility GSHP Demonstration Project, Dave Noel, Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Wilders Grove Solid Waste Services Center, Frederick D. Battle, City of Raleigh, North Carolina; John A. Bove, P.E., Hazen and Sawyer, P.C., Raleigh, North Carolina
- Oak Ridge City Center Technology Demonstration Project, David Thrash, Oak Ridge City Center, LLC
- Lake Elizabeth Micro-Utility, Charles Isaac, Skychaser Energy, Inc.
- Colorado State Capitol Building Geothermal Program, Lance Shepherd, Architect
- City of Eagan—Civic Ice Arena Renovation, Steve Lutz, TRAK International
- District Wide Geothermal Heating Conversion, Blaine County School District, Michael Johnson, McKinstry; Roy Mink, Mink Geo/Hydro
- Tennessee Energy Efficient Schools Initiative GSHP Program, Terry E. Townsend, P.E. FASHRAE, LEED®AP
- Improved Design Tools for Surface Water and Standing Column Well Heat Pump Systems, Jeffrey D. Spitler, James R. Cullin, Oklahoma State University
- CNCC Craig Campus Geothermal Project, Craig, Colorado, Dr. John Boyd, CNCC
- 1010 Avenue of the Arts New School and Performing Arts Theater, David Colman, Steve Gendler, 1001 South 15th Street Associates LLC
- North Village Ground Source Heat Pumps, Jeff Redderson, Furman University
- Pioneering Heat Pump Project, Dave Aschliman, Indiana Institute of Technology
- Oakland University Human Health Sciences Building Geothermal Heat Pump Systems, Jim Leidel, Oakland University
- Geothermal Heat Pump System for the New 500-bed 200,000 SF Student Housing Project at the University at Albany's Main Campus, Indumathi Lnu and Diana Delp, University at Albany
- BSU GHP District Heating and Cooling System (Phase I), James Lowe, Ball State University
- Daemen College Alternative Energy/Geothermal Technologies Demonstration Program, Robert C. Beiswanger, Jr., Daemen College