U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Geothermal Technologies Office
Low Temperature Demonstration Projects
Below are the project presentations and respective peer review results for Low Temperature Demonstration Projects.
- Purchase and Installation of a Geothermal Power Plant to Generate Electricity Using Geothermal Water Resources, Brian Brown, Brian Brown Engineering LLC; Steve Anderson, Evergreen Energy
- Beowawe Binary Bottoming Cycle, Dale McDonald, Beowawe Power
- Demonstration of a Variable Phase Turbine Power System for Low Temperature Geothermal Resources, Lance Hays, Energent Corporation
- Novel Energy Conversion Equipment for Low Temperature Geothermal Resources, Jay Kohler and Eric Minor, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Recovery Act: Demonstrating The Commercial Feasibility of Geopressured-Geothermal Power Generation At Sweet Lake Field, Cameron Parish, Louisiana, Steven M. Jordan and Phillip A. Gayle, Jr., Louisiana Tank, Inc.
- Develop NREL Center for Low Temperature Research/Project Data Collection, Tom Williams, NREL
- Osmotic Heat Engine for Energy Production from Low Temperature Geothermal Resources, Robert McGinnis, PhD, Oasys Water Inc.
- Rural Cooperative Geothermal Development Electric and Agriculture, Daniel Silveria, Surprise Valley Electrification Corp., Roy Mink, Mink Geo Hydro Inc.
- Dixie Valley Bottoming Binary Cycle, Dale McDonald, Terra-Gen Dixie Valley
- Technical Demonstration and Economic Validation of Geothermal-Produced Electricity from Coproduced Water at Existing Oil/Gas Wells in Texas, George Alcorn Jr., Universal GeoPower
- Electric Power Generation from Coproduced Fluids from Oil and Gas Wells, Will Gosnold, University of North Dakota