U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Geothermal Technologies Office
Specialized Materials and Fluids and Power Plants
Below are the project presentations and respective peer review results for Specialized Materials and Fluids and Power Plants.
- Evaluate Thermal Spray Coatings as a Pressure Seal, Joseph A. Henfling, Sandia National Laboratories
- Technologies for Extracting Valuable Metals and Compounds from Geothermal Fluids, Dr. Stephen Harrison, Simbol Mining Corp.
- Chemical Energy Carriers (CEC) for the Utilization of Geothermal Energy, Bassam Jody, Argonne National Laboratory
- Geopolymer Sealing Materials, Dr. Tomas Butcher and Dr. Toshi Sugama, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- High Temperature, High Pressure Devices for Zonal Isolation in Geothermal Wells, Paul Fabian, Composite Technology Development, Inc.
- High-potential Working Fluids for Next Generation Binary Cycle Geothermal Power Plants, Helge B. Klockow, GE Global Research
- Temporary Bridging Agents for Use in Drilling and Completions of EGS, Larry Watters and Jeff Watters, CSI Technologies LLC
- Development of an Improved Cement for Geothermal Wells, George Trabits, Trabits Group, LLC
- Air-Cooled Condensers in Next-Generation Conversion Systems, Greg Mines, Idaho National Laboratory
- Ionic Liquids for Utilization of Geothermal Energy, Joan F. Brennecke, University of Notre Dame
- Hybrid and Advanced Air Cooling, Desikan Bharathan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Working Fluids and Their Effect on Geothermal Turbines, Adrian S. Sabau, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Metal Organic Heat Carriers for Enhanced Geothermal Systems, B. Peter McGrail, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Optimization of Hybrid-water/Air-cooled Condenser in an Enhanced Turbine Geothermal ORC System, Hailing Wu, United Technologies Research Center
- Tailored Working Fluids for Enhanced Binary Geothermal Power Plants, Dr. Ahmad M. Mahmoud, United Technologies Research Center