U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Geothermal Technologies Office
DOE Projects Receive Honors for Best Geothermal Presentations
January 23, 2012
DOE-funded projects presented at the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) 2011 Annual Meeting in San Diego received
honors for "outstanding presentations." The judging criteria included the
quality of the visual aids as well as the ability to communicate the subject
GRC made almost all of the visual aids from over 230 technical presentations
available on its website and is showcasing all of
the outstanding presentations.
and Tribulation of the Oregon Institute of Technology Small-Scale Power Plant,
Boyd, Tonya (Toni) & Lund, John W.
- Physics-based Modeling of Fracturing and Permeability Evolution
in Engineered Geothermal Reservoirs, Huang, Hai & Meakin, Paul &
Podgorney, Robert & Deng, Shouchun & Lu, Chuan.
- EGS Exploration Methodology Development Using the Dixie Valley
Geothermal District as a Calibration Site, A Progress Report, Iovenitti,
Joe & Blackwell, David & Sainsbury, Jon & Tibuleac, Ileana &
Cladouhos, Trenton & Karlin, Robert & Kennedy, B. Mack & Issaks, Ed
& Wannamaker, Philip & Clyne, Matthew & Callahan, Owen.
- Optimized EGS Reservoir Stimulation Using Micro-seismic and
Zhao, Xueping & Reyes-Montes, Juan Miguel & Andrews, Jennifer R.
& Young, R. Paul.
- Integrating Multi-component Chemical Geothermometry with
Parameter Estimation Computations for Geothermal Exploration, Spycher, N.
& Sonnenthal, E. & Kennedy, B.M.
- Project Hotspot: Insight Into the Subsurface Stratigraphy and
Geothermal Potential of the Snake River Plain, Potter, Katherine E. &
Bradshaw, Richard & Sant, Christopher J. & King, Jesse & Shervais,
John W. & Christiansen, Eric J.
- The Potential for Basin-Centered Geothermal Resources in the
Great Basin, Allis, Rick, Moore, Joseph & Sprinkel, Douglas &
Blackett, Bob & Gwynn, Mark & Kirby, Stefan.
- Effect of Mixed Working Fluid Composition on Binary Cycle Condenser Heat Transfer Coefficients, Mines, Gregory & Wendt, Daniel.
- The Next Generation of Geothermal Reservoir Simulators: A
Summary of the Recommendations From the International Partnership for
Geothermal Technology Reservoir Modeling Working Group, Podgorney, Robert
& Ketilsson, Jonas & Driesner, Thomas.
- Integration of a 3S-3C Reflection Seismic Survey Over a Known
Geothermal Resource: Soda Lake, Churchill County, Nevada, Echols, James
& Oppliger, Gary & Benoit, Walter R. "Dick" & Ohren, Mary
& Van Gundy, Tracey.
- Temporal Velocity Variations Beneath the Coso Geothermal Field
Observed Using Seismic Double Difference Tomography of Compressional and Shear
Wave Arrival Times, Seher, Tim & Zhang, Haijiang & Fehler, Mike
& Yu, Haiying & Soukhovitskaya, Veronika & Commer, Michael &