Utility Geothermal Development Strategies
The following presentations are from a Webinar conducted on December 9, 2009, that was hosted by the Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy Geothermal Technologies Office.
The Webinar focused on ways utilities can include or expand cost-effective applications of geothermal technologies in their renewable energy and energy efficiency portfolios, including financing options and environmental benefits. Presenters addressed these topics:
- Opportunities to get more projects on line
- Developing enhanced geothermal systems
- Operating a geothermal power plant
- Designing and implementing a geothermal heat pump program
- Financial and green energy attributes of geothermal projects.
Welcome and Introductions
Guy Nelson, Utility Geothermal Working Group
Opportunities for Utilities in Getting More Projects On Line
Jim Lovekin, Geothermex
Developing an Enhanced Geothermal System
Dennis Hughes, Navopache Electric Cooperative
Designing and Implementing a Utility Geothermal Heat Pump Program
John Root, The Root Cellar