Matching Government Needs with Energy Efficient Fuel Cells
The Fuel Cell Technologies Office, Federal Energy Management Program, and U.S. Fuel Cell Council hosted a fuel cell meeting on April 26, 2007. This meeting brought together federal facility managers and fuel cell manufacturers to discuss the federal government's early adoption of commercially available fuel cell systems. The group discussed niche markets such as emergency backup power, portable power, and material handling equipment.
Industry representatives presented information on commercially available products. Federal representatives presented information on their energy needs and plans for the early adoption of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
Part 1: Industry Presentations
- Buildings and Facility Power
Keith Spitznagel, LOGANEnergy
- Portable and Back-up Power
Eric Simpkins, IdaTech. Posted on this site with permission from IdaTech.
- Micro and Man-Portable Power
Jerry Hallmark, Motorola Labs
- Specialty Vehicles and Material Handling Equipment
William Mitchell, Nuvera Fuel Cells
Part 2: Fuel Cell Opportunities at Federal Facilities
- Automated Service Observing System: Standby Power Options
Anthony Leonardo, National Weather Service
- Army Energy Security Considerations
Ronald Diehl (for Don Juhasz), U.S. Army
- Fuel Cell Opportunities in Marine Corps Garrison Mobile Equipment
Jim Gough, U.S. Marine Corps
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Activity
John Christensen, Defense Logistics Agency