Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Presents Annual Merit Review Awards
May 21, 2013
The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presented its annual awards at the 2013 DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation Meeting on May 14 and 16. Each year, the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presents "Sub-Program Awards" to recognize exceptional achievements in specific areas. The Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program also presented "Special Recognition Awards" that represent accomplishments beyond a single sub-program. The 2013 award recipients are:
Special Recognition Awards from the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program
- The U.S. Fuel Cell Council, the National Hydrogen Association, and the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Energy Association. Individual award winners were Robert Rose, Jeffery Serfass, Ruth Cox, and Morry Markowitz.
- Walter Podolski, Argonne National Laboratory
DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Sub-Program Awards
- Hydrogen Production: Chris Ainscough and Kevin Harrison, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Hydrogen Storage: Philip Parilla, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and Karl Gross, H2 Technology Consulting
- Fuel Cells: Karren L. More, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Frederick T. Wagner, General Motors (retired)
- Manufacturing R&D: Emory De Castro, BASF Fuel Cell, Inc.
- Technology Validation: Leslie Eudy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Safety, Codes, and Standards: Tommy Rockward, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Market Transformation: Stuart Funk, Logistics Management Institute, and Leo Grassilli, Office of Naval Research
Learn more about the award winners.