New Postion Posted: DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Fuel Cell Team Leader
March 17, 2008
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy seeks a dynamic, motivated and highly qualified chemical engineer, chemist, or materials scientist to serve as the Fuel Cell Team Leader within the Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Infrastructure Technologies Program. The Program supports the President's Hydrogen Fuel and Advanced Energy Initiatives, which aim to reduce America's dependence on foreign oil and improve energy efficiency and environmental quality by accelerating the research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. The Program focuses on proton exchange membrane fuel cells for light duty vehicles in the transportation sector but also includes stationary/distributed and portable applications, while working closely with stakeholders to enable early market fuel cell opportunities.
- Identifying specific requirements and schedules for developing technologies to enable low cost and durable fuel cells that meet performance requirements
- Developing long-term goals and objectives and formulating budget requests for fuel cell RD&D
- Identifying and distributing the workload for program planning and implementation
- Maintaining effective communications internally - with team members and senior officials, and externally - with partners and stakeholders
- Enabling the transfer of program results to the private sector.
This full-time, permanent position is located at DOE Headquarters in Washington, DC. U.S. citizenship is required. Applications must be received via jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov between March 17, 2008 and April 25, 2008. See Posting number 08HQ-PN-GO-EE-0002. Interdisciplinary- Lead Chemical Engineer/Chemist/Physical Scientist, GS-15; Salary Range: $115,317 - $149,000.