EERE Announces Notice of Intent to Issue Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator: Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuel Technologies FOA
March 5, 2014
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) intends to issue, on behalf of its Fuel Cell Technologies Office, a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) entitled "Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator: Innovations in Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Fuel Technologies." The FCTO Incubator Program is intended to identify potentially impactful technologies that are not already addressed in FCTO’s strategic plan or project portfolio. It is anticipated that the FOA will be ‘open’ to any and all impactful ideas which significantly advance the mission of the FCTO; however, some anticipated specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell–based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies (including hoses, meters, compressors, etc.)
- Breakthrough, low pressure hydrogen storage materials
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs.
EERE plans to issue the FOA on or about March 31, 2014. The FOA will be available for viewing at the EERE Exchange website. If applicants wish to receive official notifications and information from EERE regarding this FOA, they should register in EERE Exchange.