Energy Department Announces up to $4.6 Million through the Fuel Cell Technologies Incubator Funding Opportunity Announcement
June 5, 2014
The Fuel Cell Technologies Office (FCTO) today announces up to $4.6 million in funding in support of innovations in fuel cell and hydrogen fuel technologies. The FCTO Incubator Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to identify potentially impactful technologies that are not already addressed in FCTO's strategic plan or project portfolio. The FOA is open to any and all impactful ideas which will significantly advance the mission of the FCTO and that are relevant to its Multi-Year Program Plan (MYPP); however, specific areas of interest include:
- Platinum Group Metal (PGM)-free catalysts and membrane electrode assemblies
- Fuel cell-based electrochemical conversion devices for stationary energy storage
- Completely innovative hydrogen production and delivery technologies to reach the DOE cost goal
- Breakthrough, reversible hydrogen storage materials that operate at pressures of 350 bar or less
- Hydrogen infrastructure: Manufacturing solutions for low-cost, standardized skid-mounted hydrogen fueling stations; and game-changing business models/financial approaches to address infrastructure costs (e.g., including soft costs).
The Energy Department will make available up to $4.6 million for 12–24 month projects with industry and academia. More information, application requirements, and instructions can be found on the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange website. A webinar on this topic will be held on June 11, 2014, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.