U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Fuel Cell Technologies Office
2008 High Temperature Membrane Working Group Meeting Archives
This page contains information from meetings of the High Temperature Membrane Working Group held in 2008. The documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
October 16, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii
This meeting was held in conjunction with the Pacific Rim Meeting on Electrochemical and Solid-State Science (PRIME).
- Meeting Agenda (PDF 28 KB)
- Minutes (PDF 63 KB)
- FSEC's MEA Test Protocol (PDF 838 KB), M.P. Rodgers, B. Li, P. Choi, D. Slattery, L. Bonville, H.R. Kunz, J.M. Fenton; Florida Solar Energy Center
- Performance Measurement of MEAs (PDF 555 KB), Shyam S. Kocha, Advanced Electrocatalysts Group, Fuel Cell Laboratory, Nissan Research Center, Japan
- A Discussion on Improved HTMs (PDF 715 KB), Bryan Pivovar, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Yu Seung Kim, Los Alamos National Lab; Cortney Mittelsteadt, Giner
Attendees at the 2008 High Temperature Membrane Working Group Meeting held October 16, 2008, in Honolulu, Hawaii.
June 9, 2008, Arlington, Virginia
This meeting was held in conjunction with the DOE Hydrogen Program Annual Merit Review.
- Meeting Agenda (PDF 10 KB)
- Automotive Perspective on Membrane Evaluation (PDF 87 KB), James Waldecker, Ford Motor Company; Craig Gittleman, General Motors; Tarek Abdel-Baset, Chrysler LLC
- Fundamental Study of the Mechanical Strength Degradation Mechanisms of PFSA Membranes and MEAs (PDF 2.3 MB), Xinyu Huang, Florida Solar Energy Center and Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering Department, University of Central Florida
- Membrane Durability in PEM Fuel Cells: Chemical Degradation (PDF 962 KB), Vishal Mittal and Sathya Motupally, UTC Power, South Windsor, CT
- Processing-Performance Relationships for Perfluorosulfonate Ionomer Membranes (PDF 1.5 MB), Robert B. Moore, Shawn Osborn, Gilles Divoux, and Jong Keun Park, Department of Chemistry, Virginia Tech
Attendees at the 2008 High Temperature Membrane Working Group Meeting held June 9, 2008, in Washington, DC.